Learn how to create contemporary electronic and dance music using modern Digital Audio Workstations, including Logic Pro, Pro-Tools, Reason and Ableton Live. Learn the process of Electronic Music Production, including programming loops and beats, sound design, and mixing and mastering, to create your own tracks. This course is suitable for beginners, but even if you have experience creating music for sometime you can benefit from this course and improve and develop your electronic music production skills further.
· To provide participants with the opportunity to develop an electronic music catalogue
· To equip participants with an all round understanding of the principles of electronic music creation and production.
· To enable participants to improve their music creation and production skills
By the end of the course participants will:
· Have worked on a number of electronic music compositions
· Understand how to create and develop loops and beats.
· Understand about sampling and synthesis and be able to use this knowledge to create their own sounds.
· Learn about the principles of mixing and mastering.
· Develop their understanding of music theory and structure and apply it to their chosen genre.
Duration: 10 weeks (20 hours)
Starts: Mon 12 February 2018
Tutor: Duncan Chave
We also offer 1-1 tuition arranged as required at £35 per hour
Free 20 minutes consultation session
Contact: Maria Peters on 01392-495301