Improve your music creation, mixing and production skills using today's most popular music production tools including Logic Pro and Pro Tools. Gain an insight into the recording and production techniques used in a professional recording studio including mic placement, sampling, EQ, dynamics and more! This course is designed to build upon these skills and techniques learnt in the beginner’s course, but is also suitable for people who already have a fundamental knowledge of creating music.
Days: Saturdays 10am-1pm
Duration: 6 weeks (18 hours)
Dates: arranged as required
Starts: 22nd April 2017
Contact: Maria Peters, [email protected] or call 01392-495301
We also offer 1-1 tuition arranged as required at £35 per hour
· To equip participants with a better understanding of key principles of music production.
· To enable participants to improve their music production skills
By the end of the course participants will:
· Understand and use panning, dynamics, equalisation and effects to improve their mixes.
· Understand how sampling and synthesis works and be able to use this knowledge to emulate existing sounds and create their own sounds.
· Learn about microphone types and techniques and apply this knowledge.
· Be introduced to basic audio/acoustic theory
· Week 1: Course introduction. Logic Pro refresher
· Week 2: Principles of synthesis and sampling for sound design
· Week 3: Microphones and mic technique
· Week 4: Mix Techniques: EQ and Dynamics
· Week 5: Mix Techniques: FX and mixdown
· Week 6: Mastering and Digital principles