Creative MusicTechnology course - Beginners level
Start date: 20 October 2018 (duration 5 weeks). Saturdays 10am-1:30pm. Cost: £275.
We also offer 1-1 tuition arranged as required from £30-£35 per houras well as an initial 20 mins free of charge consultation session
This course introduces the use of music software (GarageBand, Logic Pro, Reason) to write, record and produce music and provides information and guidance on how to set up your own home studio.
Working with loops in Garageband. Introduction to Logic Pro. Recording & sequencing MIDI.
Soft synths and samplers – Logic Pro and/or Reason
Recording and editing audio Mixing - Introduction to EQ, Dynamics and FX
Connections, home setup & buying advice
- To enable participants to create and produce music on a computer and to provide participants with the necessary information and guidance to be able to create their own home set-up and to use current music technology software.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Be familiar with key features of modern DAW software, using Logic Pro, Reason & Garageband.
- Understand how to record, Import, Edit, Manipulate and export audio.
- Understand how to record, sequence and edit MIDI.
- Understand the applications of Signal and effects processing such as Compressors, Noise Gates, Reverb, Delay and modulation fx
- Understand the parameters and application of equalisation.
- Understand the design and use of different types of microphones
- Candidates will also understand the key components of a basic home computer music set up and key factors when selecting equipment.
- This largely practical course will also contain supporting literature and will explore role of home music production in modern music